Vampyrist’s Corner

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery Vampyrist’s Corner

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 1,649 total)
  • Author

Vampyrist
    Participant
    Another Gladiator, Zabo.
    Zabo.png

Vampyrist
    Participant
    The last gladiator, Kanik
    Kanik.png

Hammerknight
    Participant

Nice gladiators. Like to see them fight, it would be wild.

Vampyrist
    Participant

Thanks, and yes I’d imagine it being very wild.

Here is Erik Reinhardt, a german soldier from WWII who while loving his country, he did not believe in what the Nazi party was doing. He was not a monster and he did not want his country vilified for the slaughter of innocents. This belief drove him to help the allies and help some Jewish people out of the country.

Erik-Reinhardt.png

This was eventually found out by his friend and captain, Karl Lowe. Lowe also did not like what his country was doing, but his country was still his country. So he gave Erik a chance to explain himself and when he admitted to treason, he shot Erik. Erik asked his friend one thing, that he be used as a symbol. When the allies won, he did not want his family to be marred with having a nazi officer in the family. He also wanted them to know that he had died protecting people. He died and Lowe made sure that Erik Reinhardt was known as a traitor who helped the undesirables escape. Lowe also tried to protect his dead friend’s family, for while he did what he had to do, he still was Erik’s friend.

Captain-Karl-Lowe.png

The war ended and Erik was remembered as a hero. Lowe was an army soldier so he did not actively participate in Germany’s more horrific acts and he had committed no war crimes. But having to kill his friend left a mark on him that haunted him. He lived alone and it ate away at him, until one day he could not take it anymore. He was found the next day, dead.

Vampyrist
    Participant

Here is my first entry into the contest, a character I call Fallen Angel. He was once an angel, but after falling in love with a demon, he fell. He was stripped of his angelic powers and placed on earth. This made him angry and he had years of knowledge from being God’s soldier that he could use for his revenge. So he placed enochian symbols on himself in order to regain some of his former power and to allow him to absorb angelic energies. This latter effect makes him the perfect angel killer, as their blades are made of angelic energy, they cannot harm him without something special. The Fallen Angel also has a set of mechanical wings that allow him to fly. He has gone on a massive killing spree of angelic beings and is one of their top foes.
    Vampyrist-Fallen-Angel.png

Vampyrist
    Participant

Here is Johan Reinhardt, Eric’s grandson who is now a hero of Germany called Blitz. He has the same abilities as Firebrand, ie electricity forms around hands and body only when his fists are clenched and can create an electromagnetic shield.

Johan-Reinhardt.png

Legatus
    Participant

Your intergalactic gladiators are awesome!

And Germany needs more heroes! Wink

Vampyrist
    Participant

Thanks, and I should probably do more international creations.

Here is a bone demon (just for you Legatus) who lives in a cave near Munich.

Bone-Demon.png

Vampyrist
    Participant

Here is another international villain. Trickster is Loki’s vanguard and as such, he can shapeshift, and manipulate chaotic fire.

Trickster-I.png

Vampyrist
    Participant
    Pop Quiz entry, a mutate
    Vampyrist-Mutate.png

Vampyrist
    Participant
    David Staar, an arms dealer
    David-Staar-I.png

BeyondTheGrave
    Participant

I love rain!

How do you do the rain effect? I tried to do something like that but it wouldn’t let me upload it.

Vampyrist
    Participant

Thanks and the rain effect is firstly a set of gradients, gray or light grey at about 50% transparency placed around the figure. Then you place the speed blur effect from Backplane-Auras, set also to various light greys, also transparent, maybe more so. You then add more of the aura with varying layers and some different angles. I hope this helps.

Here is Blackeye, a vampiric archer whose face was burned by sunlight.
    Blackeye-I.png

BeyondTheGrave
    Participant

Aah okay i got it, thank you!

Vampyrist
    Participant

Your welcome and here is Oracle, a man who can see the future, but these visions have driven him mad. He speaks in riddles and half truths and he has had audiences with very important people. Eternity being one of his frequent visitors. He also has on occasion had more lucid moments, though these are few and far between.

Oracle-I.png
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 1,649 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.