Tell my story

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 298 total)
  • Author

Linea24
    Participant

Oh wow. That is a very beautiful story. I like how you also incorporated Antia and the moon into the story. I really like how you treat the characters you write about, too. It’s as if you’re exploring the whole picture while also keeping the story centered on the character.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

@Alexander: Nice to know that we have different interpretations of your characters. It just popped.

@Linea: Your characters and designs are adventurous and thoughtful. I am trying not to repeat the royalty or clan vibe. But these are daughters of destiny. It would have been, dare I say, ordinary for Harriette to stand guard over the ruins, or watch for an evil. Instead, she finds herself under the twilight with mud between her toes and eyes returning to her star.

DC-Lover
    Participant

Atomic. Ya went an interesting direction with the Kingsmen and the Volunteer. They were actaully two seperate characters done at different periods as an artist on this site. So making it an Irish Spy playing an actor playing a british serial character is intriguing.
    At least thats what I got from it. They were original concepts for a bunch of characters set before the 1930s making them expeirence all the change in Europe and America during and after WW1. Hence the simplicity of their designs and outfits. But I will say I enjoy it and look forward to Tank chapter 2.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

@DC-Lover said:

Atomic. Ya went an interesting direction with the Kingsmen and the Volunteer. They were actaully two seperate characters done at different periods as an artist on this site. So making it an Irish Spy playing an actor playing a british serial character is intriguing.
    At least thats what I got from it. They were original concepts for a bunch of characters set before the 1930s making them expeirence all the change in Europe and America during and after WW1. Hence the simplicity of their designs and outfits. But I will say I enjoy it and look forward to Tank chapter 2.

Your are correct. I figured that the two were from different times. Perhaps the son carrying on the family tradition. My twist being he plays a superhero on screen when in real-life he fights bad people. With their “plain” outfits, they did strike me as circa 1920s or 1930s. And I love the old-time matinees and cliffhangers! Glad you liked my interpetation.

Coming Soon: How I Spent My Summer Vacation

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

HOW I SPENT MY SUMMER VACATION
    Amy Atom and The One-Armed Bandit by WMDBASSPLAYER; Story by The Atomic Punk

Mrs. Finkelstein stood by the door smiling as the students sluffed into the classroom. The first day of their senior year and she could not be more proud.

“Welcome back, ladies and gentlemen! It’s going to be an exciting year, you betcha,” she proclaimed. “So, let’s start with some positive energy. Who wants to tell the class what they did over summer vacation?”

Silence. Finally, Tim Overton rose from his desk and walked to the chalkboard. “Yo, Ms. F., I got something for ya.”

“Why thank you, Timothy. Please remove your hat. Or at least face it front. And, sakes, pull up your pants!”

Tim jostled his jeans a little. “Ok, so like the bowling team. We went to Enyce for our trip.”

Mrs. Finkelstein interrupted, “Ooh, that’s a long way from our fair city of White Place, Dairyland, USA.”

Tim continued, “Yeah, it is. So we decided to sneak out of the hotel one night…”

B’ waved his hand, “Man, you guys hear about Amy Atom fighting off the One-Armed Bandit?”

“Bryan, please don’t interrupt.”

Tim paced back and forth with exaggerated hand gestures. “Hear about it? B’, we were there!”

That piqued the room’s attention. Students muttered and hooted. “Whoa!” “No way!” “You’re bs’ing us, man!”

“Yeah, so check,” Tim continued pacing. “It was me, Rufus, J-Pow, and MaxCat. We snuck out of the hotel. We got on the subway but got lost.”

Mrs. Finkelstein: “Well, you shouldn’t go around a strange city without adult supervision, donchya know.”

“Yeah, huh… ok… so we started doubling back but they had shut down the subway. Fire on the tracks or sumfin’. It’s really late and half the street lights are out. All of a sudden, there’s this armored truck barrelling down the street. We tried to wave him over but they wouldn’t stop.

“MaxCat looks up and sees this red glowing ball like bouncing from rooftop to rooftop. It stops and all of a sudden, this huge red laser beam comes from it. Bam! Knocks the truck into a building.”

The class was all ears. No one dared to even blink.

“Then the red ball jumps down from like 20 stories or sumfin’ like dat. Holy crap! It’s the One-Armed Bandit! He doesn’t even look at us. He’s going straight for the armored truck. Then from down the street, this purple laser blasts. Wham! Sends the One-Armed Bandit flying. Oh, he was pissed!

“He gets up to look what hit him. He was all: ‘Amy Atom, you… runt!’ Then man… freaking light show! Just boom and pow and sizzle. Red and purple beams blasting away! Crazy! So me and Rufus and J-Pow and MaxCat all jump behind the hole in the wall, ducking for cover.

“This goes on for like ten minutes! Amy Atom was all: ‘Fool, you’re mine!’ The One-Armed Bandit was like: ‘Bring it, little girl.’ Just freaking epic!

“Just as Amy was about to take him down, the One-Armed Bandit fires a shot in our direction. It hit the armored truck behind us. Man, we were so lucky not to get hit by parts and debris! Then we heard the guards in the truck moaning and yelling for help.

“It was enough to distract Amy. In that brief moment, the One-Armed Bandit escaped.

“J-Pow was: ‘Can you believe that midget let him get away.’ Yeah… that didn’t impress Amy at all.”

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/wndbassplayer/2013/07/amy-pissed2-1.png

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

THAT WAS GREAT! Your storytelling ability just keeps me wanting more, wanting to see what else you’ll come up with. Right off the bat I was laughing at the name Finkelstein. In second grade I had a Mr. Finkelstein for a teacher. “White Place, dairyland, USA” where did you come with that from?LOL! Lots of action here. I gotta try and illustrate this!

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Thanks, WMD. I’m having lots of fun with Amy Atom and The One-Armed Bandit. White Place, Dairyland, is a quiet little hamlet about 20 miles north of Vanilla Falls. White Place is locally renowned for its creamy butter-cheese blend and bleach distillery.

Next: JR19759’s Cosmic Beings

DC-Lover
    Participant

I came up with another idea for a member of the Greenpoint Guardians. The young guy nicknamed by the group as Repel but calls himself RedSilver.
    RedSilver.png

I loved what ya did with tank so much i decided ‘hell we need more Greenpoint Guardians.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

FOUR SISTERS
    Characters by JR19759; Story by The Atomic Punk

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/191/0/e/meditation_by_jr19759-d6ct9tv.png

“A’Ilia, I have come to you seeking a truth. May I approach?”

“You may not step into the golden light without consulting my sisters.”

“As you wish. L’Iria, I am dismayed by this rejection. Will you please lift my spirits?”

“The roses weep with you this day. For they, too, know of such loss. I could bring you much happiness with but a ruby kiss. However, time will heal your wound.”

“This is not tolerable. K’Iiai, bless me with strength.”

“You impose will on others yet lack compassion. I could steel your resolve with the cooling blue vapor. Alas, what you require is patience.”

“J’Alai, your sisters torment me so. Why do they refuse me? I travelled far and endured much hardship to find you. Please!”

“If it is happiness you desire, look to the good in others. Touch their hearts with your words. The green mist permeates the soul.”

“ A’Ilia, I have done as you required. Your sisters have offered me nothing. I beseech thee.”

“If you do not know the answer by now, you have been asking the wrong question.”

JR19759
    Keymaster

Love the ending. Loving how they talk as well, properly obscure and left field ways of not really answering questions, just how I like ’em

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Great story, as always, Atomic. Go look on the last page of My new Creations thread. I tried to illustrate the action from your One Armed Bandit story as best I could. Hope you like, though my art comes nowhere to doing justice to your writing.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

A CALL FOR ACTION
    Original Character by DC-Lover; Story by The Atomic Punk

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/dc-lover/2013/07/RedSilver.png

~ Chapter 2 ~

“Hey there! Gary Proulx at your service. Normally, I’d shake your hand. Looks like we’ll have to wait until the end of your therapy.”

Another dock worker… another mutilated hand… I bet his toxicology report lists him as positive for “jump” as well.

“Okay, we’re going to start with some simple finger exercises. Try to touch the tip of each finger to the tip of your thumb. Sorry, I am not licensed to prescribe medication. Here at the Empire State Med Center, we believe that drugs interfere with physical rehab. They are a last resort.”

Besides, I don’t want to get you hooked on pain killers. This is getting serious. The cops are too corrupt. The mayor and city council are too incompetent. This city needs someone to bring attention to what’s going on at the Wharf – especially at Club Nicco.

“Well, that was a productive first session. Soak your hand in this ice. I’ll be back in a minute. I have to make a phone call.

“Hey, Keith, it’s Gary. You free for lunch? I want to trade some notes. I have an idea for a citizens’ patrol that will put a spotlight on Club Nicco. Cool, see you there.”

I see my patient’s already checking himself out. Also, the nurse is handing him a white bag. Something tells me that his doctor didn’t write him a prescription. Yep, he just slipped her a fifty dollar bill.

This plan better work. If anything, I’ve spent weeks designing this costume. And it’s the middle of April, so it’s not for Halloween. Soon Greenpoint will know the name of its newest hero: Red Silver.

DC-Lover
    Participant

So Gary is Red Silver. I like it. Very good.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

@JR19759: I believe that self-actualization is a large part of wisdom. The Sisters will show a path. It is the fault of the listener if he or she does not travel it. Depending on the order one asks, the Sisters will offer advice. Sort of a personality test. We can play with that aspect some more.

In this story, the seeker wants a direct answer. A’Ilia tests his order of selection. First, he (or she) turns to emotion for a quick fix. Failing that, he asks for the strength to endure. Finally, a sympathetic J’Alai offers him long-term advice. Not satisfied and impatient, he begs. A’Ilia does not reward laziness.

@WMDBASSPLAYER: I saw that. Very fun interpretation of the events.

@DC-Lover
    : Yes, The Greenpoint Guardians is a continuing story. For my part, it’s been a great exercise in foreshadowing.

DC-Lover
    Participant

Accurate. I like. I am looking forward to making some other form of characters for the guardians and seeing how you wrap this all up Atomic :)

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 298 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.