Tell my story

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 298 total)
  • Author

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

GAY-BLADE
    Original Character by WMDBASSLPLAYER; Story by The Atomic Punk

PG-13, self-censored.

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/wndbassplayer/2013/07/gay-blade.png

Hey, how’s it going, honey. Yeah, that’s in my pocket. So happy to see you! Let’s go back to my place. I have lots of surprises. Yes I do!

Let’s get there and naked. Oops… are you dizzy? Hush, and here we go. Hush, baby, this is exhilarating. You weren’t the first, and tease my brain not the last.

It’s all in the pants, honey. Yeah, I have lots of surprises in my pocket. As long as you don’t reach below my thighs.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

That was pretty cool, Atomic! I just have to say, regarding Zyp’s characters, those faces are incredible! Especially El Matador. He looks like a photo put through a cel shading filter.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Thanks, WMD. Gay-Blade has a serial killer vibe. Hope you don’t mind him being a villain.

On my hard drive at home, I have Zyp’s tutorial on faces. I will post it in the recipes when I find it. Just incredible stuff to learn from.

Kind of makes me wonder, sometimes. Ever wonder why some people disappear? They run out of ideas, get bored, find a new hobby, or something unthinkable? Not trying to be morbid or bring anyone down… it’s just something to consider when you’re part of an on-line community. HeroMachine has some amazing talent and creativity. Hopefully, our absentees are alive, healthy, and happy. Just wish they would pop in now and then to give us a pulse.

People may come
    People may go
    Just as long as the waters slow
    But watch out when you’re
    Headed for the waterfall

– Wendy & Lisa, “Waterfall”

Myro
    Participant

@The Atomic Punk said:
    Kind of makes me wonder, sometimes. Ever wonder why some people disappear? They run out of ideas, get bored, find a new hobby, or something unthinkable? Not trying to be morbid or bring anyone down… it’s just something to consider when you’re part of an on-line community. HeroMachine has some amazing talent and creativity. Hopefully, our absentees are alive, healthy, and happy. Just wish they would pop in now and then to give us a pulse.

People may come
    People may go
    Just as long as the waters slow
    But watch out when you’re
    Headed for the waterfall

– Wendy & Lisa, “Waterfall”

Speaking as someone who’s partially gone (okay, I’ve never left, but I haven’t Heromachined in months), I can at least say for me part of it is a creativity block (sort of, my creative energies have gone into other areas, but I’m not sure I can even think of creating new characters at the moment), and part of it is finding time (I have a lot of stuff going on, and finding time to fit Heromachine in has been difficult, especially if I want to properly Zyp an illustration, which would often take a couple hours).

Still, looks like I’ll be away from my job for a while longer, so maybe someday I’ll start creating again.

Like you, I hope that the Machinists that have left are still doing well, both physically and emotionally.

DC-Lover
    Participant

Punk you are correct in saying that there are many reasons we could leave this site. I would be lying if I said I have never thought that my ideas had run dry and I should stop posting. But there are those who decide to pack it in early and we can hope that they will return to us one day in some shape or form.

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

I don”t mind you making him a villain, Atomic. I don’t make many villains, gives me another direction to go in.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

I’m liking this guy more and more.

Greed and The Tenochtitlan Goblet
    Original Character by WMDBASSPLAYER; Story by The Atomic Punk

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/wndbassplayer/2013/06/o.a.b.-drk-1.png

“Hey, kid, take a picture. It will last longer. No, seriously, take a picture before there’s more than one person here missing a limb.”

“Big score, huh? Yeah, no one knew that this was down here. I designed this nifty detector that can sense rare gems. Archaeologists couldn’t find it. I did. So it’s mine. Well, I was going to take it anyway.”

“You tourists, man, what a bunch of slack-jawed yokels. You have no idea what this cup really is or what it means. Here’s a hint: the legends are true.”

“No, it’s not the Holy Grail. Even though the Conquistadors meant it to be. It has fine jewels and more importantly white gold. You don’t know what that means for my research.”

“Why do I even bother trying to educate you people? There are chemical properties in this that I can use. To do what? Get more gold!”

“You trailer trash vacationing in Mexico. Go back home and buy some more lottery tickets. You want riches? Do what I do, go out and take them!”

“Remember this day, morons. This is the highlight of your summer. You know what? I want more than the chalice. Chalice… the freaking cup! Hand over your wallets.”

Harlekin

I really love to see your stories, and i really like it.

I really interest what you think for my Dies Irae

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/tarkabarka/2013/02/Harlequin_Dies_Irae.png

Linea24
    Participant

Can you do this character? I haven’t been able to remember what I came up for her.

a-peace-offering-1.png

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

Atomic, I am loving your stories! I did call Gay Blade a throw away character, but now I think I’ll work him into my universe as the villain you made him to be. I love the serial killer vibe. And what you did with O.A.B. is too cool. The exhilaration of stumbling upon a theft in progress; the humiliation of being ripped off by a one armed man! Here’s something for when you’re ready.heist-1.pngamy-pissed2-1.png

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Thanks, everyone. My home laptop is acting up again. However, I should have a new one on Monday. As an added bonus, my roommate will be out of town the following week. Which means I will be left in peace. Free to write without a blaring television or incessant stupid questions.

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

THE HEIST
    Original Character by WMDBASSPLAYER; Teaser by The Atomic Punk

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/wndbassplayer/2013/07/heist-1.png

Up on the rooftop, click click click! The One-Arm Bandit is going to get rich quick.

DC-Lover
    Participant

Heres two Id like to see ya do
    The KingsMen(Britian) The-Kingsmen.png
    And
    The Volunteer(Ireland) The-Volunteer.png

Gonna start working on some Tank Art as well :D

WMDBASSPLAYER
    Participant

“What’s he up to now,…..hmmm?” Nice teaser! Can’t wait for more. I’ll also keep trying come up with more interesting scenes. And DC Lover, nice characters; interested in what Atomic does with them, too!

The Atomic Punk
    Participant

Harlekin, Dies Irae is going to take me a bit. Your designs often tell their own story. No narrative required! I like her alot, so I want something that fits.

Of course, I take great care with everyone’s characters. It’s one of the reasons this forum moves at such a slow pace. A story might take days to conceive. However, once I start writing, I find it hard to stop! Thank you all for your patience.

A PEACE OFFERING
    Original Design by Linea24; Story by The Atomic Punk

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/legacy/forum-image-uploads/linea24/2013/07/a-peace-offering-1.png

“Greetings, barbarian. I am the Ambassadress. The Wise Ones have sent me to replace the Ambassador. The man whom you murdered when he arrived at your camp. Which gives me pause to question their wisdom. How is it that your kind is able to understand the Source, yet fails to comprehend the Valley People… my people.

“We do not covet the Source. We know its nature and potential. Long ago, we harnessed its power. So terrible it is that we swore none shall possess it or ever use it in anger. We have kept it from outsiders for generations. Despite our efforts, we find ourselves having to fight you to hold it.

“No doubt, you heard the legends and myths of the Valley. Your lust for wealth and power never ceases to amaze. We hid this land in a web of lies and rumors. Yet, here you are with sword in hand – and an insatiable bloodlust.

“The Wise Ones made a choice. They elected to destroy the Source. You have no comprehension what this means for our civilization. Our wonders are gone. We have lost our warm homes and moon-glow towers. The Source allowed us miracles of health and well-being. Now we will become sick and old. We shall fade into the very legends that we created to protect our Valley.

“I hold the last of the Source. The Wise Ones offer it in hopes of a truce. They ask that you only go and trouble us no more. You have what you want. There is no reason for more violent death. My people are dying from plague as we speak. Let us slip into the twilight in peace. The Spirits forgive your souls.”

The invading general took the Source from the Ambassadress. He admired the glowing blue power encased in a rose-shaped vessel. The general turned to his army and held the Source above his head for all to celebrate their victory. The barbarian horde roared with approval. He then drew his sword. He turned to dispatch the Ambassadress, but she had disappeared.

Thinking nothing of it, the general decided to leave the Valley. There was no point in sacking the city and losing men. The army would return after the plague took the elves. Then there would be no resistance and free plunder.

From the highest tower, the Ambassadress watched the horde disappear over the mountain. Suddenly, there was a flash of blue light from behind the peaks. The barbarians were no more.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 298 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.