dblade's Whiz Bang Item Dispenser

Home Forums The HeroMachine Art Gallery dblade's Whiz Bang Item Dispenser

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 999 total)
  • Author

ams
    Participant

The Heavy Infantry Boot looks AWESOME!! Will you split the foot section from the upper half? Makes for better posing and can mix & match with other items.

Here are a couple of references for new foot items.. @ Madjack – the tread on the work boots in these samples are the best reference I could find to show what I’m looking for.

boots.png

Cheers!

ams
    Participant

How about starting another item section called “Shin Guards”? Like shoulder items, they could be added to existing items to amplify their looks.

Mad Jack
    Participant

@ams said:
    the tread on the work boots in these samples are the best reference I could find to show what I’m looking for.

I see and I’ll try – but can’t promise anything. Laugh

As for your question about hands: Seems like I suck at doing them. Judge for yourself:
    Hiphand.png
    Personally I think that doesn’t fit the standards of HM… Frown

Herr D
    Participant

I at least partially disagree. That is a good hand pose, and not covered. Maybe you could send it to dblade to add knuckle lines and nails? [whirrs oversize drill] I’d do it, but I don’t have compatible tools at the moment? I could sketch a few things, too, but I’m so strapped and worried about unemployment right now that I should avoid paying Kinko’s to scan and e-mail for me. . . . That sounds like an assembly line . . .

Mad Jack
    Participant

Hmm, maybe that’s an idea. I’ll ask him…

Anyway, here’s the current day’s work:
    wip04.png

Keric
    Participant

If ams sent a reference picture then please ignore, but I think that if you ask for something you should send in a reference picture, because as you can see in the following picture “hands on the hips” covers a lot of ground!
    I googled the term and also screen capped a video~”Candy” by the group Cameo

dblade
    Participant

Finished the boot from the poll. Will try to get that and Madjack’s foot items into HM3 tonight (if my wife lets me on the computer).

ams
    Participant

@Keric said:

If ams sent a reference picture then please ignore, but I think that if you ask for something you should send in a reference picture…

You are right! This is an item that I’ve been nagging dblade for awhile. The 2 pics I gave him were not very good. How are these?

Hands-on-hip-reference.png

ams
    Participant

@ madjack – that hand is pretty good. Great shadowing, maybe need some fingernails. I think that is great Heromachine material. Don’t be so hard on your drawing.

If you’re ever googling for pic reference, make sure you use the word reference in your search. There are many pose reference sites out there that will come up with some great examples. Most of the ones I got for “hand on hip” were pics from pinterest.

I also want to say is I know I throw many suggestions on here of things “I” would like to see added. Does everything get made, I really don’t expect it to. Just having fun throwing up things that would look cool. I really appreciate you guys taking the time to draw these and add them on. Heck, maybe I should put my money where my mouth is and see what it takes to construct images to add. I’m no graphic artist, I have taken an art class or 2 in the past and with reference pics and the right program, I just might surprise myself. Hmmmmmm…….

p.s. I think I’ve had too much coffee….

livewyre1014
    Participant

want ALL THE THINGS!!! great work all around, you guys are my heroes!!

Mad Jack
    Participant

I’ve just added a “few” items I had lying around to HeroMachine3. Laugh

http://www.heromachine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/first_batch.png

Hope you enjoy it… ;)

Bad-People
    Participant

One thing I’ve wanted forever is just the old Ka-bar knives like in the old hero machines.

KA-bar-knife.jpg
    kabarshort.jpgnoz_kabar_skinner_1211_serrated_w.jpg

Mad Jack
    Participant

@Bad-People said:
    One thing I’ve wanted forever is just the old Ka-bar knives like in the old hero machines.

If you have a look into ItemRight/Rifles (I know – not the first place to look for a knife) you’ll find a knife that looks very much alike on page 5 in the right bottom corner:
    hm3-beta.png

Bad-People
    Participant

I know it’s nitpicky but It’s because I had a bad experience with that bayonet once. I can break that thing with my thumb.

Solander
    Participant

Speaking of knives; I was browsing through the blade sections looking for a good weapon for a jungle-guerrilla warfare type of character, and wanted to find something like the good old Rambo bowie knifes or a machete from predator:

http://www.buck-184.com/images/rambo_knives_01a.jpg

http://www.swordsandweapons.net/assets/images/mcpr1.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 999 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.